200 HOUR TEACHER TRAINING 2020
2020 TRAINING DATES
Friday 5/8/2020 – Sunday 5/10/2020
Friday 6/19/2020 – Sunday 6/21/2020
Friday 8/7/2020 – Sunday 8/9/2020
Friday 8/21/2020 – Sunday 8/23/2020
Friday 9/11/2020 – Sunday 9/13/2020
Friday 10/9/2020 – Sunday 10/11/2020
Friday 10/23/2020 – Sunday 10/25/2020
STUDENTS WILL EXPERIENCE…
An immersion style yoga teacher training that will encourage participants to step out of the “daily grind” one weekend a month to focus solely on the ancient practice of yoga and how to become a well-rounded instructor.
STUDENTS WILL LEARN…
All aspects of yoga, including: asana (how to develop vinyasa karma that are both intelligent and spiritually awakening), japa, pranayama, sadhana practice, early morning meditation practice, etc. By the end of the training, students will develop the habits and lifestyle of a yogi/yogini through the guidance and support of long time practitioners.
STUDENTS WILL RESIDE…
At Ananda Ashram, a Bhakti lineage ashram nestled in beautiful nature setting that allows for contemplation and deep yoga practice without the distractions of everyday life. Maitri Yoga trainings will have exclusive access to Ananda Ashrams evening programs that feature world-renowned teachers and scholars.
STUDENTS ARE EXPECTED…
Maitri Yoga 200-Hour Teacher Training is a 1-weekend a month residential program. We expect students to wake up early in preparation for a full day of curriculum. We encourage students to adopt (or become familiar with) a vegan/vegetarian diet prior to the start of the training.
Maitri Yoga 200 Hour Residential Teacher Training will be help at Ananda Ashram in Monroe, New York. This yoga retreat and spiritual-educational center is just over one hour from New York City, founded in 1964 by Shri Brahmananda Sarasvati (then Ramamurti S. Mishra, M.D.) as the country center of the Yoga Society of New York, Inc. Located in the foothills of the Catskill Mountains, the Ashram provides a serene, natural environment with woods and meadows surrounding a lake.
TEACHER TRAINING FAQ’S
HOW DO I SIGN UP FOR THE PROGRAM?
COULD YOU TELL ME ABOUT ANANDA ASHRAM ACCOMMODATIONS?
WHAT ARE THE PAYMENT PLANS?
WHAT STYLE OF YOGA IS MAITRI YOGA TEACHER TRAINING?
HOW PROFICIENT IN YOGA DO I HAVE TO BE IN ORDER TO PARTICIPATE IN MAITRI YOGA'S 200 HOUR PROGRAM?
WHAT WILL I LEARN IN THE 200-HOUR MAITRI YOGA TEACHER TRAINING?
- Asana – learn the safe and intelligent way to perform poses
- Sequencing – how to design dynamic, effective and intelligent sequences for all levels
- Alignment – with modifications, variations and the proper use of props
- Working with different kinds of bodies/students
- How to observe bodies in practice
- Working with injuries and limitations
- Hands on adjustments
- Practice teaching
- Anatomy & Physiology
- Chakras & Koshas
- The History and Philosophy of Yoga (Yoga Sutras of Patanjali)
- The business of Yoga and how to be successful as a teacher
WHAT IF I DON'T WANT TO BE A TEACHER?
WHAT ARE GRADUATION REQUIREMENTS?
- Attendance of in-class teacher training sessions
- Successful completion of homework, quizzes, in-class and take-home exams (don’t worry, you will be will prepared!)
- Participation in a final in-class practice teaching practicum
- Completion of class taking requirement
WHAT IS THE ATTENDANCE AND MAKE-UP CLASS POLICY?
You have the following option for making up your missed time: Schedule a private session with your trainer at some point during the program. The cost of a private session ranges from $100-$150 per hour:
• 1 hour private = 1-4 hours of missed time
• 1.5 hour private = 5-6 hours of missed time
• 2 hour private = 7-8 hours of missed time
• 2.5 hour private = 9-10 hours of missed time
• 3 hour private = 11-14 hours of missed time
Please note: Only two sessions of private instruction, regardless of hours, are allowable and are subject to trainer availability. The remainder of your missed time will need to be made up in a future training private make up sessions are only an option during your current training and are not an option once the program is complete.
IF I FAIL TO GET CERTIFIED WILL I GET A REFUND?
Maitri Yoga School Certification
Maitri Yoga School is a Registered Yoga School (RYS 200) at the 200-Hour level with Yoga Alliance. All graduates from Maitri Yoga School’s Yoga Teacher Training Program are eligible to become Registered Yoga Teachers (RYT 200). The RYT certification is the professional standard for those wanting to teach yoga.